Really?

Just to get me through the day

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friends…

It’s been a while since I have written anything, I have been busy taking photographs. I might be a bit obsessed, but hey, it’s good therapy and it’s been a long time since I have done something that is for me and that I thoroughly love. Enough about my photos, but if you’re interested in seeing them here is a shameless plug~ http://justmyphotosandjunk.blogspot.com/

I believe that every person you meet in your life is brought into it for a specific reason. Whether it is good or bad ,they are there to teach you something. Hopefully, looking back at all of those faces, you walked away with a small piece of each of them.

I’ve been talking to my new found friend Jeff a lot lately and he made the comment about how nice it would’ve been if we were friends back in school. Then turns around and said that he isn’t the same person now as he was then. My first response was that none of us are. The person we once were is such a far cry from the person we are now. We all hopefully have grown and changed for the better. I can say after catching up with old friends on Facebook that the friends you were close to back then are not the ones you will necessarily be close with now. Personalities have changed tremendously. I remember Jeff’s face and name from school but that’s it. Some how we connected and are starting to become good friends. Boy if you thought it was tough in school to make just one “good” friend, try it at 36.

My point would be… you never know where you will find a good friend. To have someone to bitch with, laugh with, cheer up when they are down and they do the same for you. Without judgment and unconditional love and trust for that person. Wow, sounds like a marriage without sex to me. And really in away it is , there will be times when you want to strangle them and other times you want to wrap your arms around them. In the end, that’s just it, in the “end” will they still be by your side? All you can do is be the friend that you would want to have and be open enough to give that unexpected person a chance. So to all of those friends of the past I thank you for leading me to be the friends I have today.

Huge hug and shout out to my “besties”, as my daughter would say; Ashley~ I love you girl, my mother hen that does more than she should. Kelly~who kills the spiders that are on my shoulder (with her cell phone) and makes me laugh until my head hurts. Nancy~whose gas makes for great entertainment and I get down and dirty with (4 wheeling) Dave~ my heart, that inspires me and makes me think. Jeff~ We’re like Forrest and Jennie without the stupidity, drug addiction and AIDS, and of course Joni and Steve ~the family I would choose to have if we weren't already related.

1 Comments:

Blogger TNAshley said...

Awww...this is really sweet and oh so true! A big thanks to you to for being there for me as well. I'm so blessed to have you as my friend and I wouldn't trade you for anything.

May 7, 2009 at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home