Really?

Just to get me through the day

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother’s Day 2009…..

As a mother of teenagers, it has been come increasingly normal for my kid's to not want to spend time with me. You know, we are old and and don't know anything according to them. Much to my amazement, my daughter had nothing else on her mind other than to spend the day with me on Mother's Day. My son on the other hand, had no interest in hanging with the girls.

Skyler and I hit the drive thru at Bojangles and headed over to Jonesborough, Tn. I actually got married over there and have always wanted to go back over and take pictures and just walk around, so that’s what we did. Of course we had to go into the old fashion ice cream shoppe and the candy store. Every year they have a Storytelling Festival, maybe this year I will go. After spending time strolling the quaint streets of Jonesborough we decided to drive over to the Natural Tunnel in Scott County, Va. We rode the chair lift down to the tunnel and walked the paths along the creek, what a peaceful place to be. We didn’t have much time to explore since they were closing shortly. We will definitely have to go back when we have more time.

On the way back to Bristol we stopped in Weber City, Va and ate at Pal’s. Skyler apparently didn’t want the day to end, she asked if we could go see the movie “Earth”. How could I say no to such a cute face? After making a pit stop at home to let the dog out we went on to the theatre. You talk about an awing experience, this movie which is more of a documentary, is unbelievable and if it doesn’t change the way you see the world …than there is something seriously wrong with you . You better believe I will be at the theatre on Earth Day 2010 to see “Earth: The Ocean”

So on a day that has been set aside for us mom’s, I got an eyeful of beauty that surrounds me and a view of the world that I would have never known…but none of that compares to the beauty I see everyday when I look into the face of my daughter that makes everyday an adventure and has showed me the true meaning of unconditional love.

Natural Tunnel 144

For photos from our day http://justmyphotosandjunk.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home