Really?

Just to get me through the day

Monday, June 29, 2009

God’s timing…

It’s been a few months since I have blogged so here it goes…

For the past two months I have been completely and totally engulfed in my relationship with Jeff, you know, the new found friend I had made a few blogs ago? Turns out, neither one of us expected that things would head in the direction that it has. As everyday has gone by, we have become closer and closer, learning new things about each other, reading each others minds, finishing each others sentences, feeling the same feelings. I quickly realized that there was so much more going on here than just a friendship. The only problem is, we live 600 miles apart. Our first face to face meeting I almost hoped that I wouldn’t still like him, that he would end up being a jerk, no such luck. We were so comfortable with each other like we had known each other our whole lives. The awkward silence you would normally feel, it wasn’t there. Instead it was,  to quote the Eagles, “ A peaceful easy feeling”, with him I was calm and serene. I have never been so sure of anything in all my life like I am of our relationship. We text each other good morning and throughout the day and IM in the evenings until bedtime. It doesn’t seem like we ever run out of things to talk about. We send pictures and videos to each others phones when something happens in our lives that we want to share with the other. Sometimes it is for no other reason than to say Hi and show our faces to each other for the day. We have so many things in common and bring out the best in one another. We bring out things in each other that has been hidden away, but have now found someone who understands. We are 100% open with each other, if we want to know something, we ask. I have a quote from Aristotle on my Facebook page that says, “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” Well for me I have finally found that second body. I have always heard people say, “when you find the one, you will know.” I have only thought I have loved, until now. All of those cheesy lines in movies that have made me want to throw up are now coming out of my mouth or I can at least relate to them now. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I am not a girly, mushy, lovey dovey person. Well guess what, I have turned into a girly, pile of mush.

 

We have had our share of what I refer to as “The Lake House” moments. One in particular was over Memorial weekend when I went up for a visit. The town he lives in, I have never been to before and just by chance, or fate, the get together I went to with friends was in his cute little town. I was just along for the ride and when I looked out of the car window and saw the Wakarusa Library I about shit. What were the odds of me being there for the first time now? What was funny was the get together was at the park he takes his kids to and right down the street from his house. We had previously showed each other on Google maps where we lived, and he had showed me that park. So virtually we walked from his house to the park together. Of course he wasn’t home, he was spending the day with his own family but I had to text him to tell him where I was and took a picture of his house and sent it to him as I walked passed it. At the park there were several benches to choose from but for some reason I kept going back to the same bench. It didn’t matter where in the park I was,  that there was a bench closer for me to sit on, I always went back to the same one. I told Jeff about the bench, that I kept going back to the one next to the hoop and under the big maple tree. He said that is where he always sat when he would take the kids there. For me there was something peaceful about sitting there, and at that moment I knew what it was. So this last trip that I made to Indiana, we went to the park together to sit on the bench. Jeff sitting on the right side and I on the left, where we had once sat alone.

 

This weekend will be the 4th of July and I was going to make plans to go back up for a visit, but his words to me were, “You have driven enough, I’m coming down” I know to most that doesn't sound like such a big deal, but to me it meant everything. To be in a relationship where it is give and take, where I don’t have to be the one giving all the time. To know that I mean enough to him for him to take the time and put forth the effort to come here, yes that means the world to me, he means the world to me. We have no plans of either one of us moving, we know that when the time is right it will all work out. “God’s timing is always perfect”

 

Indy June 6 339

1 Comments:

Blogger TNAshley said...

Awwww....this is beautiful. I wondered what "The Bench" references meant but I didn't ask. How sweet is that. I love it when my buddy Cheri finds happiness. I want to meet him sometime. Tell him your girlfriend Ashley also appreciates that he agrees you've done too much driving it's his turn to come down because that really says to me that he is a considerate person that means alot :)

June 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home