WTF?
So what started out as a normal day at work turned into one of the scariest moments of my life...
Not long after I got to work the vision in my right eye was a bit odd, so I checked my blood sugar and it was fine. The eye eventually went back to normal, but a little bit later mom left and the nurse at Chris' school called. I was trying to speak to her and what words I could get out were all jumbled up. I know she thought I was high or something. I had to get my cell phone to look up mom's cell number because for the life of me I couldn't think of what it was. A regular customer came in and I still was having a hard time speaking. She left and I went to my office to eat my lunch and get on the computer. As I was sitting there I just felt off and my right hand started to get tingly and go numb. I tried to call my sister but she didn't answer, a few moments later mom came back . I heard the door open so I got up to go out front, when I saw it was mom I tried to speak and I couldn't. What words I could get out made no sense...I burst into uncontrollable tears. There I stood, the whole right side of my body was numb and I couldn't even form a sentence. When mom heard me she immediately said she was taking me to the hospital. I kept trying to tell her that the school nurse called and that I didn't know what was wrong with me. But still I was making no sense, the words just weren't there.
As we drove to the hospital the right side of my neck started going numb and then up to my face, by the time we got into the hospital I was able to speak again but my tongue felt like it had been shot up with Novocaine, well that feeling when it starts to wear off. Walking was odd, I felt wobbly like on Scooby Doo when the the squiggly lines gone down the screen. I started feeling better as we waited for the doctor to come in.
I gave my symptoms and history and they drew like six tubes of blood, you know all that fun stuff. His biggest concern was that I had a TIA (Stroke) He spoke with the radiologist to see if it would show up yet on an MRI if I did have a stroke. He also spoke with my regular doctor, they are setting up an appointment to have an MRI and a Carotid Ultrasound done.
Right now I am very tired but I'm feeling pretty normal. Considering I am only 36 years old I am more than concerned about what happened today. I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:
Please be careful and take care of yourself. Get lots of rest. Call me today and let me know how you are feeling.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home