The adventures of vegetables...
So I thought I would share my adventure of having to eat vegetables. AAHHHHH, you laugh at that but it's true. I have recently started eating a lot, and I do mean a lot of vegetables. Not so much by choice, but that's another long boring story. Back to my adventure of the vegetables...Parsnips! I have never in my life ate a Parsnip until tonight. I called my mom to ask her what to do with it, she fell completely silent causing me to ask her if she was still there. The silence was due to the fact that I, the child of her's that would never touch vegetables what going to eat a parsnip. To shock her a bit more, I told her about the turnip, another first for me as well this evening. Turnips taste like an apple and a radish got a little freaky in the garden. What I chose to do with these new and exciting vegetables you ask? I just diced them up and ate them raw in an organic baby spinach salad with carrots, broccoli and celery, with of course gluten free all natural yogurt ranch dressing. For those of you that truly know me, notice that I did not mention cheese is this salad. The world just might possibly be coming to an end. Oh what has become of those trips to Carrino's with Kelly to indulge in that crusty Italian bread and Olive oil and huge plate of pasta? Now it is vegetables...I do have fish in my freezer that I will tackle as another first sometime this week. Not a big fan of fish, I have never cooked it but I guess there is a first time for everything. Pssst....I have garbanzo beans in my cabinet, we will talk about that later when I bust them out. Watch out, hummus might be next!
New favorite lunch item...egg salad with dill weed (yes dill weed, how fun is that to say?) paprika, salt and pepper. But to top it off and add a little crunch...broccoli slaw! Mix it all up and roll it up in a lettuce leaf. Not iceberg lettuce, because the truth about iceberg is that it has no nutritional value what so ever and reeks havoc on your digestive system. Are you all stunned? Green leafy lettuces is the way to go. So to sum it up...I ate the parsnips and turnips and I survived to tell the story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home